Useful Permits for Ann Arbor Businesses

Washtenaw County Permits

Food Service Plan Review for those opening a new food service establishment or remodeling an existing establishment

City of Ann Arbor Permits

Sidewalk Occupancy Application
Peddler/Solicitor License Application – for profit
Portable Off-Premise Sign (for businesses in the DDA District only)
On-Premise Sign Application
Special Event Permit – competitive
Special Event Permit – non-competitive

Liquor License Permits & Questionnaires

City of Ann Arbor Redevelopment Liquor License Pre-Application (for businesses in the DDA District only)
City of Ann Arbor Liquor License Application
State of Michigan Liquor Control Commission

For information on building and remodeling permits, please see Planning and Development.